One of the best parts of blogging is the conversation generated by comments. However increasingly we see bitter and acrimonious comments that all but turn the conversation into a shouting match. So here are my ground rules on comments; by posting comments on this blog you agree to the following:
- You are required to register. Comments are handled through Disqus to reduce the volume of spam comments, trackbacks and pingbacks. The only successful way I’ve found to avoid these problems is to force registration.
- You may post anonymously. Bear in mind if you choose to do this, you can expect a backlash from others suspecting covert vendor marketing in operation.
- You have the right to disagree. Healthy debate is good; but my opinion is as good as yours; snide or insulting comments aren’t acceptable and are likely to be deleted.
- You grant this site a licence to post comments. This also includes using the comments elsewhere in other online or offline content or reference material.
- You own your comments. This means taking ownership of anything that results from the publishing of the comment on this site.
- I reserve the right to delete comments. This is my blog, I write it in my own time and don’t get paid for doing so. As a result, comments may be deleted under the following circumstances:
(a) Off-topic responses (b) anything legally dubious, including libellous, defamatory, threatening, harassing, offensive, misleading, pornographic or breaking copyright or intellectual property laws. (c) Spam, which includes any implicit attempts at advertising or other forms of promoting goods or services. Clearly where genuine recommendations or suggestions are made, this will not be assumed to be a marketing attempt. (d) anything snarky (be careful, this is a wide ranging category).
If you are unable to abide by the above rules, then either don’t comment or expect your comments to be deleted. Otherwise thanks for taking the time to get involved!
(Visited 451 times, 1 visits today)